How to buy thermoforming packaging machine？
To enjoy the experience of buying thermoforming packaging machine, there are a few essential steps to follow:
1) Determine your budget and find a reliable machine supplier:
There are thousands of packaging machines supplier in the world market, It’s easy to get lost amongst all the choices. Sometimes people don’t want to pay a lot of time to choose, so simply goes to Multivac, which is a smart decision, but not necessarily be perfect, because there are machines that are more cost-effective with close quality like KANGBEITE Packaging Machinery.
Some people go to the other extreme to pursuit the lowest price, which is a big mistake. A fancy machine from MULTIVAC can serve for almost 20 years, which is pretty cost-effective in the long run, a bad-quality cheap price thermoforming packaging machine serves only a few years which makes your cost actually very high, not to mention the time you lose in case of frequent downtime.
2) Let the machine supplier know your product details:
- What is your product to pack
- What is the shape of your product
- What is the size of your product
- How do you process your product before packaging
- How is your product stored after packaging
- What auxiliary equipment do you need: Printer? Auto-filling equipment? Labeling machine? Metal detector? Sterilization equipment? Anything else?
- If possible, send some product samples to the machine supplier
3) Discuss payment and shipping terms with the packaging machine manufacturer.
In domestic purchasing, everything is simpler. But in international purchasing, it’s more complicated. Most importantly, you need a longer-term plan, because the lead time of a set of thermoforming packaging machine is 25-60 days, and international shipping takes a longer time. Kangbeite Packaging Machinery had a transaction with a customer in Boston, USA in July 2020, it took 35 days to produce the packaging machine, and another 30+ days for shipping.
4) Help the thermoforming packaging machine factory design the molds/toolings
A well designed high-quality mold determines the appearance and quality of the final packages. Mold design is also important for your thermoforming film supplier.
5) Select packaging material and find a thermoforming film supplier
There are a lot of plastic (HDPE, LDPE, PP, PET, Styrofoam – polystyrene are the most common) types which can be thermoformed for food packaging, and within each individual type of plastic compound manufacturers will provide their own compounds and material mechanical specifications. Knowing that the right material is being selected and that the material will be available cost-competitively at acceptable quality for the design life of the packaging line is vital. Switching packaging materials in a thermoforming packaging line can introduce seemingly invisible variables that can impact production rates, downtime rates and product quality.
As we’ve mentioned above, the thermoforming film supplier will need drawing of the mold design to determine the packaging film’s width and position of color marks in the film.